PVTC Combined Events (Decathlon and Heptathlon)
PVTC Decathlon / Heptathlon
Saturday-Sunday, June 9-10, 2018
Hello Decathletes & Heptathletes,
Registration is now officially open for the 2018 PVTC Decathlon and Heptathlon on the weekend of June 9-10, 2018.
Please register now: Enter on-line
Enter by mail | DOC | PDF
- The first day of this event coincides with PVTC's all-comers outdoor track meet.
- We plan to keep participation to 25 athletes this year.
- The heptathlon will be contested if we have at least 3 competitors.
- Coaches and parents, please let me know if you have interested athletes.
Currently, our two-day breakout is --
- Day 1, Saturday, June 9: T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria VA
- 10:00 AM Check-in and implement weigh-in
- 11:00 AM 100-meter
- 11:30 AM 100-meter hurdles (women only)
- Day 2, Sunday, June 10: T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria VA
- 1:30 PM 110-meter hurdles
- 1:00 PM Long Jump (women only)
- Awards will be presented for 13-14, 15-16, 17-18, 19-29, and 30+ in five-year age groups.
- Equipment will be provided except for the PV. Please let us know if you require a pole or if you are bringing implements that need to be weighed.
- Family members are welcome to join us.
- We will have concessions available.
- Warm Up: We advise all athletes to get their long jump marks and steps during the 100-meter warm-up time to expedite our transition to long jump competition.
- Waivers: All athletes 17 and under will need to have parents sign a waiver. You will not be able to compete without this.
- Health Consideration: Please let the event director know if you have a particular health issue (i.e. allergy, muscle strain, previous heat injury). We will be sure to advise our trainer as well.
- PVTC Membership: If you checked the membership box, then you will need to confirm membership. If you have not become a member you can do so on-line at www.pvtc.org/join.asp and print out your confirmation. Those who have not paid for membership will have to pay an additional $10 at meet time
- Implements: Please bring any implements you may need weighed-in at check-in.
- Saturday, June 9
- 9:30 AM Check-in, heat assignment, and implement weigh-in
- 10:30 AM Decathlon 100-meter / 11:00 AM 100-meter hurdles (Hep-W Only)
- Sunday, June 10
- 1:30 PM Decathlon Hurdles
- 1:00 PM Heptathlon Long Jump
- The 20th annual PVTC Decathlon/Heptathlon will be held on Saturday and Sunday, June 9 and 10, 2018.
- The cost is $55/open athletes; $35/H.S. student athletes; $40 Veterans/Military; PVTC Members- $10 off registration; Late Fee: $10 starting June 3rd.
- Includes goodies such as snacks, awards, great experience/camaraderie etc.
- This event is a great way to introduce our young track athletes to the combined events.
- The meet is very relaxed and learning clinics will take place briefly before the start of the pole vault & javelin for beginners. Equipment will be provided however if you have a preferred vault pole or disc etc. you're welcome to bring them. Girls have the option of doing either the decathlon or the heptathlon depending on interest.
- Although the meet is very relaxed, I do recommend a good fitness base and track experience for all competitors.
- Entry deadline: June 3 by 11:59 PM | LATE ENTRY: Additional $10 until June 6 at 11:00 PM.
- Please enter on-line as soon as possible because we are limiting total entries to 25.
- In addition, please add your current performance level for each event (or NH/ND/NT if unknown) to our Google survey document for seeding purposes.
- Thanks as always for supporting this annual event and encouraging potential multi-event athletes to give this event a try.
James Barr email@example.com (703-599-7250)
2018 PVTC Decathlon Meet Director
- Saturday-Sunday, June 10-11, 2017 -- Decathlon (HTML)
- Saturday-Sunday, June 10-11, 2017 -- Heptathlon (PDF)
- Saturday-Sunday, June 10-11, 2017 -- Men's Decathlon (PDF)
- Saturday-Sunday, June 10-11, 2017 -- Women's Decathlon (PDF)
- Saturday-Sunday, June 11-12, 2016 -- Men's Decathlon
- Saturday-Sunday, June 11-12, 2016 -- Women's Decathlon
- Saturday-Sunday, June 11-12, 2016 -- Women's Heptathlon