TWICE WEEKLY WORKOUTS
Why we do what we do: "This Workout Might Help Reverse the Aging Process, According to a New Study" in New York Magazine
Potomac Valley Track Club hosts twice-weekly speed training sessions for sprinters and distance runners of all ages.
Mondays and Wednesdays, 7:00 PM-8:00 PM
T.C. Williams High School track, 3330 King Street, Alexandria VA | Map
Thomas Jefferson Community Center track, 3501 2nd Street South, Arlington VA | Map
- Warm-up laps finished by 6:55 PM.
- After warm-up, our standard workout on Mondays is 10 repeats of (200 meters run + 200 meters recovery); and on Wednesdays, 5 repeats of (800 meter run + 200 meters recovery), both starting at 7:00 PM sharp
- Each workout includes instructions, flexibility drills, short sprints, recovery segments, and post-workout stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Besides these workouts, you can share workouts via our Facebook page.
- The goal is to approach near-race pace, about 85% of maximal effort.
- Each workout is led by an experienced coach, including Elizabeth Row and Jay Jacob Wind.
- Elizabeth Row (571-255-9559)
- Jay Jacob Wind (703-927-4833)
- All PVTC workouts are free, but you may donate $5.00 to the coach.
- Entering TJ: Young athletes may enter TJ for free.
- Adults must either be members of TJ or pay a daily rate of $4 for seniors, $8 for Arlington residents, $16 for non-residents
- We buy a group ticket so all non-member entrants to TJ can pay just $8 to the coach
- For more information, contact head coach Jay Jacob Wind (703-927-4833, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join PVTC-WALK e-mail group
- Join PVTC-SPRINT e-mail group
Register for the Program
Fill this PDF form online and print.
Mail the form and your check to PVTC, 611 South Ivy Street, Arlington VA USA 22204