PVTC All-Year Training
Sundays 3:00 PM alternating between
- Fort C.F. Smith, 2411 24th St North, Arlington VA 22207
for hill workouts
- and Fort Hunt, 8999 Fort Hunt Road, Alexandria VA 22308
Wakefield High School Track, 1325 South Dinwiddie Street, Arlington VA 22206 for sprint workouts
PurposeProvide structured workouts for PVTC athletes preparing to compete outdoors in 2021. Assuming there will no 2021 indoor track meets.
CoachChristopher Hickey, 978-201-1024 & Wren Rudolph, 571-232-8105
CostParticipants must be a member of the PVTC for 2020-21.
- Prepare for running time trials in late Feb, early March outdoors.
- Lay groundwork for normal outdoor competition in 2021.
Health Risk Mitigation
- All running done in groups smaller than three.
- All workouts done outdoors—mostly on gravel or dirt paths.
- Masks to be worn & social distancing for any group activities.
- No physical contact between participants.
- Participants will bring their own hand sanitizer and fluids.
- September 2020: Pre-Season
- October-November 2020: General Preparation
- December 2020: Specific Preparation
Workout PlanMeet at the start of the gravel path by the main bathrooms.
- Warm Up on your own
- Acceleration Runs
- Cool Down & Stretching
- Workout Review