2023 All-Comers Outdoor Track Meets
Dates and Locations of Upcoming Events
September 2-3, 2023 - PV Games
- Info and Registration: Online Registration closes September 1st at 8pm
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- Print and mail the DOC or PDF
A quick update to the PV Games this weekend.
First off, we regret that we have to cancel the discus throw, the hammer throw, and the throw pentathlon. I know this comes as a big disappointment to many of you.
Here are some details on the meet:
Reminder that the registration deadline is 8pm on Friday night. I will not add any late fees due to the fact some may want to change their events due to the cancelation of the discus, hammer and throw pentathlon. The only events you can sign up for on race day are the relays – sign up at least 1 hour before the scheduled start time.
We will move the weight throw to the shot put circle and remove the toe board. The super weight will follow the weight throw there too. Weigh in for the shot, weight, super weight and javelin will be near the check-in tents between the concession stand and the track fence. The Open pent for women will go on as scheduled, the men’s open pent will have one modification- the discus will be done at a nearby location details TBA and then return to the track for the 1500m run. The concession stand and the bathrooms will be open.
Awards will be at the tent to the side of the check-in tent. Medals to the top 3 in each 5 year age group (2 year age group for 18&u).
We have several people going for records. Bruce McBarnette in the High Jump, Perry Shoemaker and Fiona Bayly in the 10000m run, Tim Wigger in the 2000m Steeplechase, and an M60 4x800 relay team and I am certainly forgetting someone....so please beat a record and we can give you a shout out after you smash that record!
The time schedule for the track events remains the same as posted.
Sorry for the headaches this will cause some of you, believe me I wish they had done this in June so it would have been done by meet time.
August 19, 2023 - All Comers Meet #3
- Info and registration: Register Now!
- Edison High School, 5801 Franconia Road, Alexandria, VA
I apologize for those that wanted to do weight throw and hammer today. We found out yesterday that they were going to take down the cage on Monday, but they didn't say anything about mowing over the weekend. They are preparing that field for Bermuda grass over the next few weeks, so if we can't get them to postpone seeding until after 9/3, then we will have to find alternatives for the hammer, discus, weight throw, super weight, and the two pentathlons for the Games in two weeks.
July 30, 2023 - Family Night at the Track & Night of Miles
- Location: Washington-Liberty High School, 1301 North Stafford St, Arlington, VA, 22201
- Technical Package including Registration Form
- Online Registration
June 24, 2023 - Backward Running Meet
- Info: Meet info and registration
- Location: Edison High School, 5801 Franconia Road, Alexandria, VA 22310
- Cost: $20 / $15 for PVTC Members
June 24-25, 2023 - PVTC Decathlon
- Info: Meet info and registration
- Location: Day 1: Edison H.S., 5801 Franconia Road, Alexandria, VA 22310
Day 2: Episcopal H.S., 4600 Braddock Road, Alexandria, VA 22302
- Entry Deadline: June 23, 2023 at 5:00 PM
May 28, 2023 - All Comers Meet
- Info and registration: Register Now!
- Locations: Marshall HS, except for Hammer held at Alexandria City HS at 1:00 pm
Track Events8:30 am
3000m Racewalk (Youth 800m Racewalk going at same time)
Then Rolling Schedule
1 mile Racewalk
Field Events8:30 am
Youth Long Jump
Adult Long Jump
then Shot Put
then Weight Throw
High Jump (for those starting below 5 feet)
High Jump (those starting at 5 feet or higher)
Javelin on runway by discus (throw off end of track toward discus field)
Turbo Jav after javelin
- All PVTC meets are sanctioned by USATF
- All USATF member athletes are covered by USATF's individual insurance policy.
- USATF membership is available at www.usatf.org
- If you are going for a record in any event, please notify the meet director so that we can provide the required number of certified timers and judges.
- PVTC intends to hold all track and field meets as scheduled. PVTC, however, reserves the right to cancel or shorten an event, or the meet, due to time constraints or hazardous conditions.
- Fully-Automatic Timing is used for most running events (and records as applicable)
- Wind gauge used as needed for sprints and horizontal jumps
- Starting blocks available
- Track spikes may not exceed ¼-inch in length
- Throwers are responsible for bringing their own implements
- PVTC has some implements available at no charge
VOLUNTEERSIf your team wants to assist us at our all-comers meets as a fund-raiser for your team, please contact Craig Chasse (703-481-3530)
- Volunteer to help at meets
- Since these are all-comers meets, we greatly appreciate your assistance helping to set up and conduct events and to clean up after the meet.
- The success of these track meets depends on the number of volunteers we have.
- Volunteers also help keep the entry fees low for everyone.
Order of Competition in Track Event Heats and Field Event FlightsIn all events, the Clerk of Course groups lane races (races 400m or shorter) in this manner: adults first, from youngest to oldest, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, etc. then youth 6 & under, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14. In the 800, mile and 3000, we will go with a fast section first, then break the remaining entrants into manageably-numbered sections (800 under 12, mile under 16). The 3000 is generally one section (20 or less). If necessary, the Clerk of Course groups heats by gender, females followed by males. Alternatively, the Clerk of Course may consolidate heats across age and gender to save time.
In the high jump, we have two flights: starting heights below 5 feet followed by starting heights 5 feet and up.
- At the registration desk, we issue a racing number to all entrants, to be pinned to the front of the running jersey.
- We sell blocks of numbers to youth coaches for each team member at $4.00 each.
- We also issue a sign up sheet to each coach, to be completed for each team member receiving a number.
- The coach must return the completed sign-up sheet to the registration desk.
- To save time meet day morning, coaches may export a Hy-Tek ZIP file to send entries via e-mail to meet director Craig Chasse, and you can pay by club check the day of the meet
If you don't use Hy-Tek, you can download it for free at www.hy-tekltd.com/downloads.html and near the bottom of the page, click on the TEAM MANAGER 2.0 Lite option to download the trial version) and enter your team.
You can also register at Active.Com, if you know who is coming in advance, as you must pay when you register at Active.Com Coaches should remind athletes to stay in their lanes so they may be properly scored.
Finish Line and Scoring ProceduresAt the finish line, three lane judges and a head judge are responsible for place finishing. At least three officials are responsible for timing, including one designated head timer. Additionally, an official is designated as the chief scorer. At least two officials are assigned to the FAT system if used.
Upon completion of each race, based upon placement of the athletes by lane by the head judge, with assistance from the three judges as needed, the lane judges write the bib number of the athlete to the heat sheet in the proper order of finish as called by the head judge. The head judge or a runner holds the heat sheets for each event. Upon completion of each race, the heat sheet is given to the head scorer who places the finish time next to the athlete's name, as provided by the head timer. We use the FAT system as a back-up system for athletes under 15 and as the primary system for athletes 15 and over, if staff is available. We use hand-held times on the heat sheets for all races on race day if FATs were not immediately available. Once the times are placed on the heat sheet, we copy the heat sheet and send it to the registration table for posting, as soon as possible. We file the original in the results folder for the race transcriber to post the final results on our web site. Later in the meet or at the end of the meet, we affix FAT times, when available, to the original heat sheets.