Race Walking Programs
Race Walk Clinicsfor BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE, and ADVANCED LEVELS
Potomac Valley Track Club, long one of the premier race-walking clubs in the country, hosts race-walk clinics for beginning and experienced race walkers.
Race walking has an efficient, smooth, flowing style and can be an enjoyable addition to your fitness program; it is also a local and international competitive sport at all levels, including the Olympics.
Depending on your choice of intensity level, it can range from moderate exercise to a fast-paced, highly aerobic, full-body workout. It is a far lower-impact sport than running and provides comparable conditioning benefits for your health.
USATF VIDEOS FEATURE PVTC MEMBERSKeg and Elizabeth were featured in a video from USATF Masters Fall Virtual Challenge
- 0:29-43 Keg Good (ground hog was the only witness to Keg's 5k walk)
- 0:44-50 Elizabeth Hancock
- Top 10 men:
- 2:13-20 Rich Detskas mile walk (We don't know who he is but its great that 3 walkers were listed in the 20 people highlighted.)
- Then: top 10 women start at 3:11
- 3:23-29 Elizabeth Hancock Mile walk
- 4:27–40 Keg Good sprints & jump (one of these pictures was not from this meet. Sorry, no walk pictures)
For further information about racewalking, please call Art and Becky Klein (540-699-2693) or Art Klein (831-234-1739) before 9:00 PM or write to firstname.lastname@example.org